Need help with the court system, housing, government programs or other legal issues? Learn about advocates that can help with a range of issues.

Court Information Program for Immigrants
14340 – 57 Avenue Surrey, BC
Tel: 604-760-5727 (Lali Pawa)
Helps immigrants and refugees access the courts by easing language and cultural barriers. Gives information and referrals to immigrants and refugees appearing in court. This includes the accused, victims, witnesses, or parties involved in a civil suit. Service in Surrey available in English, Hindi or Punjabi.

MPA Society Court Services Program
14340 57th Ave Surrey BC V3X 1B2
Tel: 604-572-2405
Provides help to people experiencing mental illness before, during, or after court proceedings. Also while clients are in and out of custody. Assists with legal aid, choice of lawyer, information on health, housing, and financial assistance. Available Mon to Wed 8:30-3:30 pm.

Newton Resource Centre - SOURCES
#102-13771 72A Ave Surrey BC V3W 9C6
Tel: 604-596-2311
Wide range of supports, information and advocacy for income assistance, disability, housing and federal income assistance programs. Offers community voicemail, pro bono access & free income tax service. Housing resources also available including lists of low cost rentals, phone for housing search as well as computers to access the Ask An Advocate website .  Also offer more specific advocacy programs outlined below:

Mental Health Consumer Advocacy Program
Wide range of supports, information and advocacy. Help in dealing with income assistance, housing and federal programs like CPP.

Poverty Law Program
Provides reliable poverty law services in English & Punjabi. Helps with fair access to income support programs and services through information, support and one-on-one advocacy. Help with income assistance and disability issues, tenant rights and mediation with landlords, EI and CPP issues and federal income related programs.

Looking for services not covered here?

Please ask at your local library. We are here to help.

You can also call 211 for a free, confidential, multilingual information and referral line to a full range of community, social, and government services. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you would like further information or if you spot a change that is needed you can contact us.