TLC members give back to their community by planning events and advising the library of library services that are meaningful to the teen community. TLC is going virtual for 2020-2021! Meetings will be held on Microsoft Teams.
Applications for 2020-2021 are now closed. Thank you for your interest!
- 13–18 years of age
- A Surrey Libraries card
- Enjoy working in a team
- Interest in youth issues in Surrey
- Interest in library services for teens
- Reliable and punctual
- Respectful of others
- 1-2 Microsoft Teams meeting each month.
- Leading 1 meeting on your own or with another TLC member.
- Additional meetings for program planning if required.
- Attending and leading TLC programs.
- Completion of a Teen Library Council evaluation survey.
- Responding to emails from your program host.
TLC members will receive volunteer hours for attending meetings and leading programs. You must notify your TLC supervisor if you are going to be absent due to illness or other commitments. These meetings are important planning sessions. If you are unable to attend three monthly meetings in a row, your TLC membership may be revoked.
How to Apply
Applications open every year in late summer. Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis. When we reach our maximum number, we will stop accepting applications.