We have five TLCs at City Centre Library, Guildford Library, Fleetwood Library, Semiahmoo Library, and Clayton-Cloverdale Libraries. TLC members give back to their community by planning events and advising the library of library services that are meaningful to the teen community.
Depending on provincial health guidelines, TLC will be meeting in person, online or both for 2021-2022!
- 13–18 years of age
- A Surrey Libraries card
- Enjoy working in a team
- Interest in youth issues in Surrey
- Interest in library services for teens
- Reliable and punctual
- Respectful of others
- Meeting once a month, in-person or online on Teams
- Leading 1 meeting on your own or with other TLC members.
- Additional meetings for program planning if required.
- Attending and leading TLC programs.
- Responding to emails from your TLC supervisor
- Completion of a Teen Library Council survey
TLC members will receive volunteer hours for attending meetings and leading programs. You must notify your TLC supervisor if you are going to be absent due to illness or other commitments. These meetings are important planning sessions. If you are unable to attend three monthly meetings in a row, your TLC membership may be revoked.
How to Apply
Applications will be available on August 1.
Fill out an application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis. When we reach our maximum number, we will stop accepting applications.