The Summer Reading Club is happening online and in print and you can participate online, in print or both. We have all kinds of fun online summer reading activities planned!
Welcome Young Explorers! Kids of all ages can join the Club to earn stickers, virtual badges and a Super Reader Medal by reading this summer! It is free to join, and even younger kids can join and listen to stories.
How it works
- Register online: Likely starting June 15 visit the BC SRC website and your adult can help you register. Set your reading goal, and earn virtual badges. Unable to register online? Don’t worry. Go straight to step 2.
- Get your Summer Reading Club materials! This summer, most library branches will be open for Takeout service. Phone or email us at one of these 6 branch locations to schedule a time to pick up your materials and some great books. You will receive a reading log to track your reading, collectable stickers as rewards, a temporary tattoo, an activity card, and a colourful bookmark. You can also request Club materials for close family and friends!
- Read all summer long and set personal reading goals! We recommend at least 15 minutes a day for 49 days.
- Online Programs: check our Events Calendar every week for fun new programs. There will be live online registered programs, cool new activity videos, and self-directed at-home activities. The BC SRC website also has great weekly activities for younger and older kids between June 29 and August 10.
- Earn a Medal! Beginning August 11th, after finishing you reading goal, visit your branch during our Takeout hours to pick up your medal.