Home Delivery Volunteers
READ-Ability Services is looking for volunteers in our City Centre, and Cloverdale neighbourhoods. Home Delivery Volunteers are responsible for delivering library materials to homes and care centres.
Volunteers need to enjoy working with people, have enthusiasm for books and reading, and be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with seniors and persons with special needs. Additionally, volunteers must be:
- 16 years of age or older
- Physically capable of carrying bags of books
- Have driver’s license and access to a vehicle. (Surrey Libraries do not reimburse volunteers for costs).
- Able to commit 2-3 hours every 4 weeks for at least 1 year
- Able to meet our screening requirements – including a Criminal Record Check, consent for Driver’s Abstract, reference checks, and interview
- Good verbal and written English language skills