Thursday, August 13, 2020
Surrey Libraries branches are open.
We're happy to welcome you to our branches, but things are a bit different. To follow provincial health orders and WorkSafeBC guidelines, we have many new safety measures to protect our patrons and staff:
- Anyone displaying symptoms of illness will not be allowed into the branch
- Masks are mandatory for entry into library branches as required by Provincial Health Order.
- Do not enter the branch if you feel unwell or are required to self-isolate
- Branches have occupancy limits and not all services are available
- Groups with more than 6 people cannot enter the library together, even if all from the same household
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we face this pandemic together.
For information on COVID-19 exposures at the City of Surrey’s civic facilities including libraries, please click here.
- Holds pick-up
- Book returns (only during open hours at Clayton)
- Computer access (45-minute time limit)
- Browsing shelves to select materials
- Printing and photocopying
- Scanning (All locations except the Ocean Park and Port Kells branches)
- Self-checkout stations
- Patron assistance and technology help
- Washroom access
- Book sales at some locations
- If you do not wish to enter the library and would still like to borrow material, please call your local branch to discuss your options.
- Group tours
- Group and silent study rooms
- Renting meeting rooms
- Accepting materials donations
What we’re doing
- Limiting the number of patrons in each library branch to aid physical distancing
- Hand sanitizer available for use
- Plexiglass dividers at service counters
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Library staff trained in safety measures
- Ensuring mask use and offering masks to patrons
- Following the BC Centre for Disease Control guidelines for libraries. Please note that the BC CDC does not advise libraries to quarantine or disinfect their loaned materials as the risk of getting sick from library materials is very low. The BC CDC also has additional information for library visitors.
What you can do
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or are required to self-isolate
- Wear your mask at all times in the library
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering the building
- Practise physical distancing throughout the library
- Follow all signs
- Always remain with your children when in the library