Borrowing is free. If materials are returned late, lost, or damaged, fines may be charged to your account.
Fines for Overdue Materials
Borrowing is free if materials are returned by the due date. If your materials are returned late, fines are charged and can be paid in person at any library branch.
Exception: No late fines are charged on kids and teens materials borrowed on a kids’ card (ages 0-11). Note that all cardholders, including children, will be billed for borrowed material that is not renewed or returned after 38 days past the due date. After this time, late materials will be considered lost and replacement costs plus administration fee will be charged to the account. Charges still apply for damaged materials and non-pick up of holds.
|Hardcover Books, CDs, Energy Meters & iON Tape Converters|
|Kids and Teen||$ .10||$5.00|
|Softcover Books, Paperbacks, Magazines|
|Kids and Teen||$ .10||$3.00|
|Book Club Kits||$1.00||$10.00|
|DVDs, Special Loans e.g., Superloans, Reference loans|
|Kids and Teen||$ .50||$5.00|
- Non-pick-up charge for holds (for each item put on hold but not collected): $1.00
- Maximum amount owing in overdues before stop/block on customer record: $10.00
- Fines are set as adult and junior (includes kids’ and teen materials), as determined by material type.
- No late fines are charged on kids and teens materials borrowed on kids’ cards (ages 0-11).
- READ-Ability customers may be exempt from fines and lost or damaged charges.
- Cards are updated annually. All outstanding fines and charges must be paid at that time. Outstanding fines and charges must also be paid on expired cards before the card can be renewed.
Charges For Lost or Damaged Materials
The fee for a lost or damaged item is the price listed in the library record. The library does not accept replacement copies for lost or damaged materials. Wet items are considered damaged. Overdue fines accrue until the day the materials are reported lost. In the addition to the item replacement cost, a handling fee is charged on all lost or damaged items.
|Handling fee – catalogued items||$8.00|
|Handling fee – uncatalogued items & magazines||$5.00|
|eReader (Handling & Replacement)||$175.00|
|Storytime kit (Handling & Replacement)||$300.00|
|Damage Fees – Minor Damage||$3.00|
|Damage Fees – Barcode/RFID TAG Replacement||$1.00|
|Compact Disc Case||$2.00|
|Loose-leaf CD Album Case||$3.25|
|Audiobook Cases (range by size)|
|1-6 Disc Case||$2.00|
|1-8 Disc Case||$3.00|
|1-12 Disc Case||$3.50|
|1-16 Disc Case||$4.50|
|1-24 Disc Case||$10.00|