Surrey Libraries has events, materials, and a welcoming space for individuals with developmental disabilities and their caregivers.
Stories for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
Stories, music, and fun designed especially for developmentally disabled teens, adults and their caregivers.
High interest / low vocabulary book club kits
Each book club kit contains ten copies of a single recommended title to stimulate discussion.
Clients love to be out in the community. Here are guidelines to consider before visiting:
- Develop a routine by scheduling regular visits to the library to borrow and return books
- Talk to your clients before visiting about acceptable behaviour in the library
- Remain with your group and support their use of the library
- Allow clients to be flexible in their choice of reading material
- Book a library tour! Call your local library to make an appointment
A fun way to prepare clients for a library visit is to read a story about the library with them.