Surrey Libraries has events, materials, and a welcoming space for individuals with developmental disabilities and their caregivers.
Clients love to be out in the community. Here are guidelines to consider before visiting:
- Develop a routine by scheduling regular visits to the library to borrow and return books
- Talk to your clients before visiting about acceptable behaviour in the library
- Remain with your group and support their use of the library
- Allow clients to be flexible in their choice of reading material
- Book a library tour! Call your local library to make an appointment
A fun way to prepare clients for a library visit is to read a story about the library with them.