Thursday, May 17, 2018
Cloverdale Library and the Cloverdale Reporter present the 2nd annual teen photo & caption contest.
June 28 - August 15, 2018
Enter for your chance to win! Prizes valued at over $150, plus winning entries published in the Cloverdale Reporter newspaper.
Submit a photo and caption via email to the Cloverdale Library. The Library will post the entries on Surrey Libraries Facebook page. The theme is “Summer in Surrey”, and categories are “People & Places” and “Animals & Nature”. A “Community Favourite” prize will also be awarded to the entry with the most “likes” on Surrey Libraries’ Facebook page. The winning entries will appear in the Cloverdale Reporter at the end of August.
The contest runs from 10:00 am on June 28, 2018 to midnight on August 15, 2018. Winners will be announced August 22, 2018.
How to enter:
- take a photo around Surrey
- email your photo and caption (maximum 12 words) to CVTeenPhotoContest@surrey.ca
- include your name, age, and mailing address in your email
- captions that are "witty one-liners" are encouraged
- encourage your friends and family to vote for your photo
To enter you must be:
- between 13 and 18 years old
- live in Surrey
See last year's winner and runners-up entries.
Full Contest Details
Surrey Libraries & Cloverdale Reporter Teen Summer Photo & Caption Contest Official Rules
1) ENTRY PERIOD
- The Contest begins at 10:00am on June 28, 2018 and ends at midnight on August 15, 2018.
- You must be a resident of Surrey between the ages of 13 and 18 years of age on August 15, 2018.
- If you are under 14 years of age you must receive the consent of your parent or guardian to claim a prize.
- Employees and immediate family members of Surrey Libraries and City of Surrey employees are not eligible to enter.
3) HOW TO ENTER
- Between June 28 and August 15, send an original photo taken by you, with a caption of 12 words or less, via email to CVTeenPhotoContest@surrey.ca. Include your name and, in order to confirm eligibility, also include your age and mailing address.
- Late or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- By entering, you accept all responsibility and liability if you submit someone else’s work.
- Enter as often as you wish.
4) PHOTO & CAPTION ENTRY GUIDELINES
- Photo must be taken in Surrey. The theme is “Summer in Surrey”. There are two categories: (1) People & Places; and (2) Animals & Nature.
- Caption must be 12 words or less. Captions that are “witty one-liners” are encouraged.
- All submitted photos and captions must be your own work.
- Your photo and/or caption must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by Surrey Libraries in its sole discretion.
- You are responsible for obtaining any releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photo in the manner described in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person identifiable in any photo is under the age of majority (18) the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on a photo release.
5) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you irrevocably grant to Surrey Libraries and the Cloverdale Reporter the non‐exclusive, perpetual, royalty‐free, no‐cost license and right to use your entry in any medium including streaming media, film, television, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on‐line systems, and digital billboards.
- Surrey Libraries and the Cloverdale Reporter will have the right to use your entry in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, or promotion. You agree that Surrey Libraries and the Cloverdale Reporter shall have the discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and is not obligated to use any entry.
- You understand that all entries that are published in the Cloverdale Reporter and/or posted on the Surrey Libraries website and related social media may be available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
6) WINNERS AND ODDS
- Entries will be judged on both the photo and caption together – the quality of the photo and how the caption works with the photo.
- There will be three main prizes: (1) People & Places winner; (2) Animals & Nature winner, and (3) Community Favourite winner. Winners will each be awarded a $50 Gift Card to Guildford Town Centre.
- Winning entries for the People & Places, and Animals & Nature categories will be decided by a committee of staff from Surrey Libraries and Cloverdale Reporter newspaper.
- The winning entry for the Community Favourite category will be decided by the number of “likes” recorded for that entry on the Surrey Libraries’ Facebook page.
- Winners will be announced on or before August 22, 2018, on the Surrey Libraries Facebook page, and published in the Cloverdale Reporter at the end of August.
- Winners will be notified by the email address provided when they entered the contest.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries submitted, and the quality of the entries as determined by voting.
7) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By participating, you agree to (a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Surrey Libraries, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) release, discharge and hold harmless the City of Surrey and the Cloverdale Reporter from all liability, claims or damages, arising out of your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize.
- Surrey Libraries and the Cloverdale Reporter reserve the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest.
- The City of Surrey adheres to both federal and provincial privacy legislation. Surrey Libraries is authorized to collect personal information under the authority of the Library Act and section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information is collected for the purposes of Library services promotion and contacting prize winners. For questions regarding the collection of personal information, please contact the Manager of Administrative Services, 10350 University Drive, Surrey, BC, V3T 4B8; 604-598-7303.
- Any personal information collected during this Contest will not be shared with third parties except as described in these Official Rules.