Totally New to Computers - Full
Free computer classes for beginners offered in five parts. Includes tips on cyber safety or how to be safe while using the Internet.
November 17 - Mousing Matters
- Learn how to operate the mouse
- Practice pointing, clicking, drag and drop and scrolling skills.
November 24 - Computer Basics
- Learn key computer and keyboard basics and learn to work with Microsoft Windows.
- Learn about the Start menu and how to manage your browser window
- Learn the basics of Windows
- Learn about saving, printing, and understanding the basics of the ‘Desktop’.
December 1- Internet Basics
- Learn how to find information on the internet
- Practice using the library website and online information resources.
December 8 - Easy Gmail
- Learn the essentials of email: how to open, send, reply, forward, retrieve and delete an email message.
- Learn how to attach documents and photos.
- Learn about formatting, labels, and contacts.
December 15 - Microsoft Word
- Learn how to create, format, and save documents.
City Centre Branch 10350 University Dr, Surrey, BC V3T 4B8Room:
Registration required. Limited Spaces. Contact the branch to sign up on November 10 at 9am.