Totally New to Computers
Free computer classes for beginners offered in four parts. Includes tips on cyber safety or how to be safe while using the Internet.
October 3 - Mousing Matters
- Learn how to operate the mouse
- Practice pointing, clicking, drag and drop and scrolling skills
October 10 - Computer Basics
- Learn key computer and keyboard basics and learn to work with Microsoft Windows.
- Learn about the Start menu and how to manage your browser window
- Learn the basics of Windows
- Learn about saving, printing, and understanding the basics of the ‘Desktop’.
October 17 - Internet Basics
- Learn how to find information on the Internet
- Practice using the library website and online information resources.
October 24 - Email Basics
- Learn the essentials of email: how to open, send, forward, retrieve and delete an email message. Gmail will be demonstrated in this class.
- Learn how to attach documents and photos.
- Learn about formatting, labels, and contacts
Guildford Branch 15105 105 Ave, Surrey, BC V3R 7G8Room:
Register in person at the Guildford branch or by phone starting September 3. You must register for all 4 sessions.