Stories for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
10:00 am - 10:30am AND 10:45-11:15am | Guildford Branch
Participants are invited to attend one of the two identical sessions. Max 65 people per session.
Please register for the Mar-June sessions at Guildford Library or by calling 604-598-7369
Stories to invigorate the mind.
Spoken and written word stories, music, and fun designed especially for developmentally disabled teens, adults and their caregivers.
Tips for Clients:
- Have Fun. Be an active participant, listen and sing along.
- Bring Your Inside Voice. Be prepared to keep your voice down when using other areas of the library.
- Borrow Books. Bring your library card and borrow books to enjoy at home. Please remember to return them before their due date.
Tips for Caregivers:
- Enjoy Stories with your clients. Please remain with your clients at all times. This is an opportunity to learn new stories, songs and rhymes that you can share and repeat with clients.
- Talk to your client before Stories. Discuss going to the library and acceptable library behaviour. Please be positive and enthusiastic, but let the client know which behaviours may disturb other library users. Please note: Program presenters are taught not to engage in physical contact with program participants.
- Take a break. Some days your client might not feel like participating and this 30 minute program. Please take a moment to leave the Stories to settle your client until she or he is ready to join again.
- READ-Ability Book Club Kits. The library has kits of high interest/low vocabulary books and reading guides which may be used in the library or at a care facility by care workers and their clients. Find READ-Ability Book Club kits in the catalogue.
Guildford Branch 15105 105 Ave, Surrey, BC V3R 7G8Room:
Register at the Guildford Library or by calling 604-598-7369.